Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Klaus Park UFD Mountain Bike Race

Oh, the joy of riding a mountain bike on fast, tricky trails! I've enjoyed Klaus Park for many years now, and it keeps getting better. Myself and two of the three South Side mountain biker boys ventured south to Cape Girardeau for the race there. It was hot but a nice breeze kept me from melting. I'd say that the camera angle was a little funny, because Eli and Brody look very fit, and I look like I have a beer gut. (Flannery Allison photo)
Regardless of my fondness for this trail, I wasn't that fast. FEELING fast and GOING fast are two completely different things. Man, I felt like I was flying! I felt like I had the trail totally dialed in. Weeeelllll.... (Flannery Allison photo)
Eli not only felt fast, he was fast. He hung on to Brody the Destroyer for about half of the race, and ultimately finished 2nd. Brody did his destroying for 1st place and beat out Eli for fasted lap of the day, too. Eli finished comfortably ahead of me, of course. When I say comfortably, it was a few minutes. I won't divulge the number of minutes. (Flannery Allison photo)
Although not completely OK with my finish, I'm always very happy for Eli. Just like Klaus Park, he keeps getting better and better. And he never makes fun of me. Onward and upward! (Flannery Allison photo)



 

No comments: