Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Another Year Down, Nothing Stops the March of Time

 

2023! Wow, and it's already over. We did a LOT of stuff this year. I came, I saw, and I raced. Sometimes poorly, but I just can't give up. Seems like a good way to go out...racing and complaining about it.
The Hostess with the Mostest. The Beautiful Mrs. K is really the force behind most of what goes on around here. South Side Cyclery wouldn't be in business without her. We would also go hungry at home. 
Tyson started riding bikes again. He and Eli went to, of all places, Bentonville. It made us happy to see him enjoy something so much.
Less surprising, but still very impressive, is Hanna's relentless pursuit of fitness. She has shifted her focus to strength and muscular development. Biceps for days. You lookin' at me, punk? Everyone should let her know that they have really nice gyms in St. Louis, too. Just sayin'.
Eli is a senior this year. He progressed in amazing fashion, ending the year with a bunch of wins and a State Championship jersey in Cyclocross. Time flies crazy fast. Don't let it pass you by, or you'll be looking at baby pictures while your favorite photographer is taking High School Senior photos of your baby. The baby wearing my shirt, I might add.

Just in case you thought we were getting old and boring, you have to remember that we dressed up together in otters costumes. Willingly. 

And because everyone is doing it, I'll post my 2023 Strava score card. I could have sworn that I rode more, but numbers don't lie. The only defense that I have is that many of my miles are off-road, so there are fewer miles, and slower miles. That's my story anyway. Happy New Year!

No comments: