Pages

Monday, November 27, 2023

Wild Animals Among Us

 

Upon entering my room, I was greeted by the sight and sound (snoring) of this wild beast. I obviously caught him sleeping off a whirlwind day of hunting vicious squirrels the untamed plains of Affton (our back yard).
Known for it's unorthodox sleeping habits (sleeps through thunderstorms, wakes up if a neighbor down the street sneezes), I approached with caution. It's legs are abnormally long, with dangerously large paws (he needs his nails clipped), so startling him is never a good idea (he moans loudly if he's awakened before he likes).
Throwing caution to the wind, I got up close to take a shot of his large head (and floppy hound-dog ears). I froze momentarily as I thought the sound of my phone taking the photo might have stirred him (he just snored louder). In the end, I was able to escape this encounter with danger, having gotten priceless photos to share with my devoted readers. 

 

No comments: