Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Jam Packed Fall Schedule

It's hard to sit down at the computer and sort photos to tell the story of what has been going on lately. The store is busy and there is so much racing going on. Nica season has begun, so that means we are racing and traveling every weekend for a while. Flannery Alison captured a moment for Eli and I that I won't forget.
Cyclocross has started in our area and the first races are always run in the Alton area. The Superprestige series is a great time. Last week there was a distinct lack of women racing. Just a couple showed up. This week? They rallied up a LOT more and had a strong showing for the wonderful course at Belk Park.
Eli put all of his training to the test in Warsaw the previous weekend. He has so much competition in the Varsity class, and that mostly comes from his riding buddies. They fought tooth and nail, and he came out with a killer sprint finish for 3rd place. This is going to be an awesome series for them all. Another great Flannery Alison capture.
Proud dad moment. 
With local mountain bike racing over for me, I raced 'cross at Belk park. This is the first time since 2013 that I attempted to use an actual cyclocross bike. Man, what a difference 10 years makes. So much control, so much fun. I still have never won a cyclocross race on an actual cx bike, but I was darn proud of my 2nd place. Thanks to the Mileski's for the photo. 
I was very proud of these two. Eli won his Junior's race, and Mrs. K had a much better race than she will admit. Funny thing: We all lined up together to race in the same race, which will probably never happen again. Another Mileski photo. 

The next time I post, I hope to include our other kids. Hanna has an amazing new job in Dallas and I don't get to see her enough. She'll be visiting in a couple weeks and I'll catch up on all that is Hanna and I will have photographic evidence of that! Tyson has taken to riding mountain bikes again and has been riding a cx bike as well. Photos are promised for some of that, too.

Onward and upward!


 

No comments: