Pages

Friday, December 30, 2022

Year End Totals and Other Exciting Stuff!

It never seems like I get to ride as much as I want. There has always been things that get in the way, and there probably always will be. I have a lot of hobbies. You know, like housework. And the bike shop. And adult responsibilities. But every year, it's fun to look back and see just how much awesomeness I did get to participate in.

We traveled a bit more this year than in the recent past. We went to Utah, Texas, and saw nearly every square mile of Missouri. We did so many bike races.  Well, Eli did more races, but the Beautiful Mrs. K and I did some races and traveled to all of them with Eli. St. Joe State park, Poplar Bluff, Springfield, Kansas City, Jefferson City, Warsaw, and all over St. Louis. 

In the end, my personal mileage totaled 3001. A bit more than last year, a bit less than 2020. I just got over that 3000 mark when I got off work tonight. I couldn't leave it at 2995. Duh. I achieved the 3001 with a myriad of bikes and in a myriad of situations. 

Road: I used a few different road bikes this year. My trusty no-name carbon mountain bike with slicks (Carl the Carbon Sheet Bike), the Giant TCR (since requisitioned by Eli), and the loyal, ever-suffering Schwinn Fastback from 2001. Somewhere around 1500 road miles between these bikes.

Off-Road: The two Giant Trances got the bulk of the off-road mileage, followed by the Anthem, the Scalpel, the Blue Sheet Bike, the Tempt, and Green Goblin. A bit under 1200 off-road miles this year. 

BMX Bikes: Like last year, it's always surprising to total up the mileage on these bikes. Last year was an all-time high. Something like 570 miles. This year, I was able to take more time and ride the "big boy" bikes more, so between the Redline Proline and the GT Pro Series 24 I logged 430 miles. 

All-in-all, it was a good year for me. Now if I could just get rid of my other hobbies....


 

No comments: