Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day and Stuff

The Beautiful Mrs. K always makes a big deal out of Father's day.  She knows I don't like gifts, so she just told me to do whatever I wanted.  Like, really?  That's a pretty awesome gift! We did go to dinner with Eli and Hanna, and Tyson was our server at Aya Sophia. The food there is so so good and Tyson treats us like...well...family! Then Eli gave me a $50 gift card to Dairy Queen, so how amazing is that??
What did I want to do for Father's day, you ask? I wanted to ride my mountain bike. I drove to St. James to ride Forest City.  I had the whole place to myself.  I put in almost 25 miles on the killer single-track trails, redemption from the awful race that I had there two weeks ago. I was faster for the same amount of mileage with zero cramps. I call that a win. Father's day: managed!
Speaking of riding, the Girls Night Out ride from the shop on Thursday nights has been incredible. Even in the heat, so many people have been showing up.  I've made certain to have water and alcohol available for them when they return.  If it keeps being so hot, I may have to provide popsicles. 
So you say you haven't been seeing many spray painted bike frames on this notoriously bizarre blog lately? Well I'm glad you've stopped by because you get a sneak peek at my oldest shit bike frame, resplendent in Rustoleum Cobalt Blue Metallic. See all those sparkles?? You don't get sparkles from just any old rattle can. This baby is going to be lapping the cyclocross courses in just a few short months!
I mentioned heat earlier. Since I don't like riding in the crazy hot temps we've had lately, I've taken to riding my bike at night.  I've been getting all of my stuff ready to rock at 9pm.  I've had some great rides, too. Knowing full well that iPhone's take awful photos of the moon (I'll blame the phone), I took this one the other night as I embarked upon a raid of South City.

 I don't know why I found this so funny, but when the Beautiful Mrs. K and I stopped by to eat at Super Smokers the other night I had to get a picture.  And oh hell yes...that door is HARD to open.

No comments: