Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

April is Almost Done Already?

April is almost over and Friday was the first time I was able to attend one of Eli's high school baseball games. I feel ashamed of myself! It's such a struggle to make the afternoon and Saturday games since we own a retail store.  I'm so glad I was finally able to go. The last time I saw him play baseball, he was a wee lad.
You know what isn't a first? Breaking a window.  Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and think...what the hell are you thinking?  I wanted to clean the outside of one of the dining room windows.  I released the window to swing inward, and I turned around to grab my towel and window cleaner. As you know, it's been very windy lately, and as I let go of the window I thought: The wind could blow that window down.  And it did.  Crash. It broke the outer glass, not the inner.  
Another bit of unhappiness was the untimely issue I had with my carbon Trance frame.  I needed a replacement piece for it, and because of supply issues it won't be available for quite some time. It's a nice piece of wall art for the moment. Good fortune shined on me and I was able to get the orange creamsicle Trance frame as a surrogate.
We took Creamsicle and the rest of the Giant mountain bike arsenal to Poplar Bluff on Sunday to pre-ride the Wolf Creek race course.  There is an endurance race there next month so a bunch of fine people converged there to do some laps. The Beautiful Mrs K, Eli and I were supposed to make a 3-person relay team for the event, but Eli has since decided to gather a team of his own.  Now Deanna and I are searching for a 3rd to complete our team.  Oh yeah, there were creek crossings. And oh yeah, Mrs K and I scrubbed the bikes clean.
 

No comments: