Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Greensfelder Enduro - Fun with a capital FUN

Enduro racing is a fun thing.  Yes, to some it's very competitive.  But it's mostly fun.  Blasting down trails with drops, rocks, roots, turns and surprises is just fun.  I've never done one, but I've been to two now and watched Eli have a blast.  Today was the Greensfelder Enduro and let me tell you, it was hard and fun.  Hard because there was lots of climbing to get to the start of each stage, but the fun was the reward for getting there.  Eli did all 8 stages today, although the Junior category was supposed to skip a couple of the hard ones.  He didn't skip them and therefore had ALL the fun.
It took a few hours to do all of the stages.  I followed along in 5 out of 8 of those stages, which is why I'm now convinced that it's just about the most fun a person can have on a mountain bike and still call it racing.  17 miles total, with 2500 feet of climbing.  We earned our bowl of goodness from Camilla's.  Eli more than I, but hey, I like to eat, too.
While everyone was finishing up their stages, we had a while to wait.  The day started out really cold, and only warmed up a bit from the sun.  Eli and I had the luxury of hanging out under the new South Side Cyclery tent that the beautiful Mrs. K procured for us. She also stocked the tent with drinks and snacks.  We are a spoiled bunch! Yes, Eli is sleeping.
My young mountain biker woke up pretty quick once the jumps started.  What you can't see here is a cool modular ramp, set up just behind the killer airbag landing.  Great way for newbies to learn to jump..or for the more experienced to get a little crazy.  I caught him mid-flight on his first jump.

He made a few more runs at it, and me and my iPhone missed some good shots.  But I caught this last one that I'm pretty proud of.  Thanks to Matt Johnson and his fine crew, along with all of the sponsors of this wonderful event! And thanks to the crazy group of women racers who represented South Side. You girls are awesome!

So much F.U.N!

No comments: