Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Movin' and Shakin'

The weekend started off with the unceremonious trashing of the ancient gear bags.  They did us right for 10 and 15 years, respectively.  But too many broken zippers and holes between them meant their time had come. 
We have waited a few months for the new Fox gear bags, and we're happy to announce that the his-and-hers bags have arrived.  It's the simple things, you know?
My new Giant TCR also arrived.  I waited a lot of months to get one of these.  I made do with a nice gravel bike for most of 2021, but when this guy arrived, I sold the gravel bike within 24 hours.
I rode the new bike Saturday morning at the South Side Saturday morning ride.  I guess it's an unwritten rule that the fast group wear red :)  We were very pleased that a solid group joined us on a rather chilly morning to ride bikes.
After the morning ride, I loaded the Trance up and headed to St. James.  The Forest City trails are my favorite.  Lots of leaves, but I still kept a good clip and logged my second workout of the day.
A fast drive home from St. James, a quick shave and shower, and I churched myself up to be the Beautiful Mrs. K's date.  She looked better than I did, trust me.
Sunday morning came quick.  We had to get Eli off to the St. Gnarles Enduro, while the Beautiful Mrs. K and I put on another Dirt and Donuts at Cliff Cave.  About 20 folks showed up for some skills instruction and eventually some trail riding.  Thanks to all the fine people who came and checked us out!
Mrs. K and I then drove out to St. Charles to see the second half of Eli's enduro race.  He's never done one before, and he had a blast.  Some of the stuff these guys had to do was really hard and a bit scary!  But, as usual, Eli did great and had a lot of fun doing it.  Thanks to Matt Johnson and crew for putting on another fun race for the MTB community, and thanks to Kevin for shuttling Eli out to the event for us.
Yeah, Remi, I know.  These busy weekends can wear a Hound Dog out.  Rem tagged along with us to St. Charles and got to meet lots of new people and a few awesome dogs. He's not the only one who is tired. 
 

No comments: