Pages

Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Wonderful Memorial Day Weekend

I can't really rattle off all of the things the Beautiful Mrs. K and I did for our two days off in a row.  The weather was glorious, so we took a hike.  Since her bionic shoulder is still healing we couldn't bring the Hound Dog...he pulls too much and is still too wild.  Couldn't risk him pulling her down.  We chose Don Robinson again because it's so amazing and it's close.
Spring is in full effect and the lush greenery added to the beauty of the State Park.
The giant crevice is still one of my all-time favorite views.  I wish the camera could do it justice.
Sunday, we had a chance to get the kids together and go out to eat in a nice outdoor setting.  Our plan was to eat dinner and then go visit my dad's gravesite at Jefferson Barracks Cemetery.
Look at these fine people. This is what I work for.
The cemetery was closed by the time we got done eating.  Not a really big deal, as I normally don't visit on Memorial Day because it's just too busy.  We will choose a weekday or something less hectic like we usually do.  Instead, I changed out the light fixture for the backyard.  We had a very homely fixture with old-fashioned spot lights.  This new one is LED and it will blind you.  Very good for spotting the Hound Dog doing something crazy in the backyard at night.
 

No comments: