Pages

Sunday, April 07, 2019

Workin' workin' workin' Day and Night

If you hang around me and the Beautiful Mrs K, you'd better be prepared to work.  There is no lolly gagging going on here.  My busted ass is replacing busted copper pipe here, and that is some knuckle busting, got-something-in-my-eye, now-my-back-hurts kind of stuff.
What did I find when I went inside?  Mrs K doing some knuckle busting of her own, elbows-deep in a toilet tank.  Atta girl!  Where we come from, there is always a toilet needin' fixin'.  After I took this photo we started laughing so hard about something and I just can't remember what it was.
After our plumbing adventures, incomplete because our pants don't sag, we were off to do some truly taxing yard work.  Old tree stumps decay and leave big holes in yards.  We rented a tiller and went to work like we owned the place.  A bit of smoothing, a lot of grass seed, and some roll-out hay and there will be some Better Homes and Gardens going on here.
Cannot work all day.  Most of the day, yes.  All day?  No.  I went for a road bike ride down yonder and this little gem showed up while I was gone.  Mrs K tricked her into going on a ride with her and she actually enjoyed it.
 Oh, the beautiful women in my life.  We went to eat Mexican food later and Hanna had to watch Mrs K and I enjoy margaritas.  And we enjoyed them a LOT.
I did a very cool route in God's Country (aka Jeffco).  40 miles of hills and hillbillies.  It was a great ride aboard the newly painted 18-old Schwinn Fastback Limited.  This year, it's rocking Periwinkle Blue.  It wasn't supposed to be Periwinkle.
After another morning of plumbing, cleaning some truly gross stuff, and epic egg/cheese/roast beef sandwiches, we had a birthday party to attend.  Deanna's sister Denise turned 50 today.  There was a cake to remind her how old she is, just in case her mind is getting weak.
 She also had a crown, and that said 50 on it, too.
Playtime again, and we bolted.  We knew Creve Coeur would be dry so that's where we ended up.  Fantastic 80 degree weather, fast trails, and good times greeted us.  Deanna had her best ride yet.  I'm very proud of her progress!
I thought I would end this weekend recap with a regal photo of me, gazing into the warm, sunny sky.

No comments: