Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

Blizzards in St. Louis - A little snow goes a long way

Snow in St. Louis is a disaster.  It doesn't matter how much.  Just a bit of snow turns out to be a disaster and it's been that way for my 51 years.  It started snowing with some fury Friday afternoon and got pretty bad by quitting time.  So instead of getting into the scrum, I hung out at the warehouse and did some snow shoveling.  More on that later.
It turns out that waiting around in the valley for the traffic to die down and the roads to clear was a mistake.  It just got worse.  If you've ever driven around in the valley, you know it's a valley...every road goes up and it's pandemonium when it snows.  So I hung around even longer.  I went to Walmart.  I ate at Panda, which was packed because so many places were closing because of the weather.  Finally, I went west and drove out to St. Charles, up north, and then down south to get home.  It was a move I should have  made hours earlier.  I only got stuck on my own street, 50 miles later.  My thoughtful neighbors and my family dug me out and I got the Focus into the driveway safely.  Whew.
The weekend was spent inside.  A lot of inside time.  Me and Mrs K cleaned the kitchen and I came across this beauty on top of the cabinets.  It weighs about 15 pounds.  I remember this day pretty well, it was an mtb race at Spanish Lake.  A little TLC and it looks good as new, which is really industrial.
After another trip out to the valley on Sunday to finish shoveling the snow at the warehouse, we did more housework.  A big thing was getting the Christmas tree down.  A very funny side story is the cramming of the tree into it's original box.  It's comical.  There ain't no way that thing is going to fit in this box.  But somehow, every year it goes back in.  Zip ties and duct tape hold it together.

No comments: