Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Late to the Party

This is a baseball glove.  It's my baseball glove.  It's the only baseball glove I've ever owned, and I bought it last week to play catch with Eli.

Oh yes, it's a cheapie.  It's from the bowels of Walmart's sporting goods department.  $28, I think.  But it will do the trick.

I never played ball sports as a kid.  Maybe I grabbed a glove that belonged to my brother, or used one at school for gym class.  But if you looked into my past, you'd never find a bat, a glove, a football, cleats, mouth guard, etc.  If I used any of that stuff, it was belonged to someone else.

But now that I have a glove of my own, watch out.  I will be dropping and chasing balls with the best of them, but I will have my own glove to throw down when I get mad.

No comments: