Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

More Rear Brake Work

My original equipment Ford brake pads on the rear of the Fusion lasted 130,000 miles.  Those things were troopers.  I replaced them in the Fall of 2016 with some bargain basement "ceramic" pads.  Well, those pads were worth 30,000 miles.  Seriously.  They were done.  Cashed out.  Just what I want to do with my Sunday off, replace brake pads made of cream cheese.
Those are the back plates on the right of the cream cheese pads.  Yep.  No pad material left whatsoever.  New pads on the left are good ol' replacement pads from Autozone.
 Another look, just to increase the humor.  Yep, just the back plate left.
Surprisingly, the rotors are still deluxe.  No marking or scaring, no pits, no warping.  I must have just replaced the pads in time.  I'm sure these pads will last longer than the car will run!  I used this time in the cold garage to change my oil, too.  At this point, it is harder for me to change the oil in a car than to replace pads and rotors.  It takes me longer to jack up the car and remove the wheel than to do the brakes.  Practice makes perfect.

No comments: