Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Fifty One is a pretty boring number

So yeah, I'm another year older in a couple days.  I was pretty proud of 50, now I move into the realm of the boring at 51.  I mean, there is nothing special about 51.  Hence this entirely ludicrous blog posting.
I still do odd jobs and I am so damn proud of my headlamp that I use it whenever possible.  Even when I don't need it.  If I'm having a conversation with you in broad daylight and I have on my headlight, just go with it.
I'm also fond of getting my youngest son to do more exercise and activity than he wants to do.  It's kind of a thing.  On this day, I drug him around south city on our BMX bikes.  Today he went on a hike at Greensfelder.  He's always wary of how long we intend to do something...he knows better.
And I also don't mind embarrassing him or Hanna.  Hanna asked the other night if I had a tank top.  I said "Hold my beer...."
My trusty Fusion turned 160k.  That was enough.  I drove it in to a dealer and traded it in on an incredibly sensible car.  I was sorry to see the old girl go, but I'm not sorry that I won't spend many evenings on the garage floor with antifreeze or oil dripping in my face.  Don't think of it as a birthday gift to myself...think of it as a birthday gift to the drivers on the local highways that won't wait in a traffic jam when the old girl broke down!
Since I use my cars as a pack pony, it carries a lot of stuff in the trunk so I can be prepared to fix just about anything.  However, even I was surprised once I emptied the trunk.
The 2014 Ford Focus.  I like it.  I think it likes me. I'm going to treat it very, very well because it will probably be Eli's car in a few years...right about the time it will require me to lay on the garage floor and have oil and antifreeze drip in my face.
I caught this on the highway the other day, folks.  Be lucky that this gem wasn't at the dealership when I traded in the Fusion.  I might be driving "ECTO-1", as it said on it's license plate.  Don't think I'm joking!

No comments: