Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sickness, Wires, Rain, and Apologies

 I have been battling yet another sinus infection.  Indeed, I have fought a valiant fight.  But I again needed relief that just wasn't coming any other way and started taking antibiotics.  I slept about 4 hours in 4 nights, kept awake by coughing....that's enough tough-guy act....just give me the pills.
 I was fully prepared Friday to have the Giant TCR SL completely outfitted with the new Ultegra Di2 stuff.  But, alas, I flubbed the order and I'm missing a wiring harness.  It will be here on Wednesday and I can be electronically shifting up and down the cogs.  (A side note here:  it's funny that bicycle purists ask me why I would want to have electronic shifting...those same people who's lives are inundated with I-Pads, I-Phones, Blue Tooth, ANT+, GPS, etc.)  Try it for yourself, it's the finest damn shifting I have ever seen.
 I was volunteered by my beautiful wife to help with the Run for the Chocolate that Big Shark put on this past Sunday.  I was a bit wary, since there was a chance for rain and I'm suffering from this sinus thing (see sob story at top of this post), but I agreed.  Curiously, she placed me at a water station, handing out water to the runners, in the pouring rain for a solid hour.  I was soaked and pissed.  I gave her the stink eye the rest of the day, until.....
She surprised me by getting my favorite junk food at the grocery store.  This and other treats were her penance.  I love her again.

No comments: