Pages

Sunday, October 06, 2024

Cyclocross Madness at Queeny

The only thing I got going on these days is cyclocross racing. I work, I ride some, work some more, and hopefully race cross on Sundays. And it's been going good for the old man. The Alton races went well (shout out to the Cyclery crew for an amazing series!) and today marked the first of the Bubba Series. Mike from Big Shark has been pumping these races out for what, 20 years? As you can probably tell from the photo, I won the race at Queeny today. It's a B category win, so I'm not shouting from the rooftops. I'd get waxed in the A races, although that's what I'm shooting for this season...trying to get better so the spanking in the A races won't be as bad it could be!
The Beautiful Mrs. K captured the pain and suffering. She said I didn't look bad, but she wasn't watching the heart rate monitor that I was watching. And another thing...I just look so blah on a bike. You know those people who look fast just cruising by? Yeah. No. Not me. Like here, I look like I'm peering down at my handlebars like they're crooked or something. I want to say to my racing photos "Dude, are you racing or getting ready to fall over?"

 

No comments: