Pages

Sunday, September 08, 2024

Still Racing Bikes, in Case you Forgot

The Super Prestige Cyclocross races in Alton are always a nice treat at the end of the road and mountain bike race seasons. There are still a couple events, particularly some of the endurance mountain bike races, but for the most part the start cyclocross signifies the switching off of the others. There are usually 3 amazing courses in the Alton series, and then starts the Bubba Series in the St. Louis area. Today was my favorite in the series, Rock Springs Park. Very technical, with plenty of places to open up. Pretty climb heavy, too. Although Anthony D flat out crushed me, I felt awesome and held off a few fast guys for second place. 
I was by far the oldest man in the race, but I never think about that until afterward. They don't give out awards for the old guy that whines about being old, do they? Nope. Thanks to the Cyclery and Old Man Tom for putting these on year after year. Hopefully, I'll get to do my second favorite course next weekend, Belk Park.

 

No comments: