Pages

Monday, May 08, 2023

Sometimes you gotta get outta town

I've been lucky enough to get some real off-road time lately. Between riding and racing with Eli and the Wheels UP XC team, I've hit the dirt quite a bit. But there is always the alure to riding someplace different, someplace out of the ordinary. When Matt from Loki Events put it out there that he wanted to have a pre-ride at Wolf Creek trails in Poplar Bluff, that tickled just the right amount of fancy. Deanna and I were more than happy to take the trip and put in a couple laps before the endurance race is held there on the 20th. 

A cool group showed up and we did one lap as a smooth recon.  All left turns except that one right.  Got it! After that, everyone did another lap at their own pace. Myself, I wanted to hammer a fast lap. Like clockwork, the Missouri skies got angry and poured rain on me for just a couple minutes about 3 miles in. Enough to put a sheen on the rocks and splatter my clean South Side kit. But it was fine. The course holds water really well and I turned in a respectable race-ready lap time. 

Great course, can't wait for the 20th! And great Mexican food afterward. 

 

No comments: