Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Long Drive, Quick Visit, Totally Worth It


Hanna moved to Texas a few weeks ago, and it was absolutely time to go visit her in her new home.  She moved to North Dallas, a busy and bustling part of the world. Eli and I arrived and it was hot and sweaty, although St. Louis was actually hotter. So we took a selfie.
Hanna's new place was fabulous, although still lacking a bit in the personal touch department. I liked the place, as it was big and pretty quiet considering how noisy the Dallas area can be. Our bikes and gear took over the place, naturally. 
Hanna has the greatest taste in food, and she has been checking out the great places around her area. She found a Greek place that serves up Subway-style, where you can just pick whatever you'd like to make your meal. I ate until I had a stomach ache.  Then we went for ice cream.
I've already told you that she's a marketing maven for Wiley X sunglasses.  Sure enough, she had a couple sample pairs on her kitchen counter.  I chose my weapon for the weekend and wore these babies all the way up until she took them away from me as we left.
We got some riding in on the bike paths close to her apartment.  The area is full of them, but it does take a bit of reconnaissance to scope out the safest routes.  I did some exploring the next morning as Eli did his schooling online, and Hanna worked from her home office. Later in the day, we all went for a fun ride. She was riding as strong as ever, and even took a local QOM on a climb!  Atta girl. 
She took us to downtown Dallas on our last night there.  We had dinner at a fantastic Mexican place and I ate until my stomach hurt.  We walked around a cool part of town that reminded me of the Grove, and then we got ice cream again. 
Overall, it was a great trip. We have been missing her since she left, and it was great to be able to see her in the new environment and get a chance to see what she does for a living. One thing that hasn't changed is her commitment to her fitness. After riding together a couple of times, it's clear that she hasn't gotten any slower. Of course, she sends me photos of her recent gains from the gym. Ok, girl! You win! I used to try to keep up with her, but I've just given up and told her I'll never have muscles like her again! Can't wait to see her again. 


No comments: