Pages

Monday, August 01, 2022

Big Day Out, Missing a Little Somethin'

 Yesterday was a big day for me. Eli asked me to go on a long road ride with him.  Or maybe I asked if I could go with him? Not important :) But we did set out on an unusually cool morning, keeping a really good pace and hitting a few hills before coming home through the mean streets of the city. 47 miles later we were done.  He went way faster than me downhill (50mph!!!), and sprinted past me up Adams, so there's that. And you know, I was tired.  Had to do some chores around the house, too.  Then I noticed the sad face on the Beautiful Mrs. K.  I knew what that was about.  She didn't want to ride her mountain bike by herself.  I gathered myself up, drank a Monster Mean Bean, and said: "I'll go with you to Cliff Cave if you really want." The frown turned upside down and off we went.  Again, great weather, and the trail survived the weeks storms incredibly well. That was TWO rides in one day with TWO of my favorite riding partners....

But there was a little somethin' missing.
My other favorite riding partner has peaced out and now resides in Dallas.  I'm sure there are going to be tons of group rides that she can attend, hundreds and thousands of new people to meet, and countless adventures to be had. However, it would have been quite the TRIFECTA had I been able to ride with my THREE favorite riding partners yesterday.

No comments: