Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Eli and Me, Back to the Trails

Sunday was, of course, glorious.  The St. Louis version of Spring has landed and it was amazing.  Best of all, it's been dry enough for a few days that Eli and I were able to start hitting the trails together again.  He's not a fan of riding in cold weather.  What can I say, he's my son.  As such, he's not been off-road in two months.  He dove into the deep end with me at Greensfelder and we rode 11 miles of trails for 1100 feet of climbing.  His riding skills haven't diminished at all, but he was pretty knackered at the end.  I'm proud of him.
On a side note, he broke a spoke in the rear carbon wheel that I put on his bike.  I did note that I put nearly 1500 off-road miles on that wheel before handing it over to him.  He's actually a pretty smooth rider so it was just time for the wheel to give up.  I'll fully rebuild it when I get time off at work...which seems like it might be a LONG while.
 

No comments: