Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Home Improvement Weekend

After living with 2 of our 3 basement windows being broken for 10+ years, it was quite a sight to see the new glass block windows.  I wish I could say that I put them in myself...but I didn't.  It was a wonderful Christmas gift to our family.  The difference it makes in our basement is amazing. And no drafts!
One improvement I can take partial credit for was this new ceiling.  My in-laws have owned a two-family building close to Francis Park since they lived there 40 year ago.  Even Deanna rented there when I met her.  The ceiling in the second floor back porch was crumbling, so we started working on it a couple months ago.  My super handy brother-in-law and I finally finished it yesterday.  Just simple bead board and trim, but man, it made a huge visual difference. Oh, and nail guns are fun!

No comments: