Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Good and The Bad Sunday

Starting off the day, I was able to put my handyman hat on and get to the task of replacing the front porch light.  The globe had broken on it some time ago so it was really, really sad looking.  14 years, I guess it put in it's time.  Good riddance to it and it's normal light bulbs.
We replaced it with an LED light fixture.  Not expensive, plenty of light, and no more bulbs.  To me, it's a win-win.
 Later in the day, the beautiful Mrs K and I drove all the way the hell up to Fort Bella Fountaine for a cyclocross race.  Now...I had done this course before.  Twice.  And both times I was sorry I did it because it was a power course and that's just not my style. Pretty proud of my slow start, letting 5-6 guys lead the way.  Not so proud of my slow middle and end, which wasn't a part of the plan.
Mrs K cheered and heckled me, but that only helps so much when you're just plain slow.  I managed to hold a couple of fast guys back, but mostly I rode the race by myself, close to the back of the A race.  I've struggled with racing the Masters race versus racing the A race.  I don't feel like I belong in the Masters race, so I've taken my beatings this year in the A's and it has taken a toll on me.

Onward and upward, as I always say.

No comments: