Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2017

The Kids are on My Mind

 I'm exhausted from a long week.  I really didn't want to parent tonight.  When I say that out loud I invariably start thinking about the kids.  Maybe it's guilt.  Whatever it is, it happens every time. 

On Saturday night, Eli's basketball team had a great game.  He looks kind of like a little twerp holding the ball here but I think it's just his stance.

 They won the game, 25-8.  And I didn't get to the game, I had to work late.
 Then I think of the little princess.  This is a really old pic, from 2003.
2003 again.  I don't get to see her enough anymore.  She has school and a job.  I think she made more than me last week.  Hey girl, can you spare a little change for your dad?
 Then there is Tyson.  This is from 2005.  He and Hanna have always been two pees in a pod.
This is the little guys birthday in 2005, he was 4 years old.  Hanna looks like she wants to eat some of that cake.  Tyson is taller than me now, a sophomore in high school.  He's all about sports, girls, and his phone.
I don't remember the year, I think this is 2009.   This is at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  They look so good together, don't you think?

I'll feel better already.  Maybe that's because the kids are in bed early?  Wait, I hear them arguing. I'll just parent tomorrow.....

No comments: