Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mark Donohue AMC Javelin

Driving on Tesson Ferry tonight, I had the pleasure of driving behind this rare relic of the early muscle car days.  It's an AMC Javelin, which is rare enough, but it appears that it might be a little more special.  It could very well be a "Mark Donohue" edition, which was a car sold so that AMC could compete with Ford, GM, and Chrysler in the Trans-Am racing series of the late 60's and early 70's.  If my history is right, this should be a 1970 and it should have had the 290 horsepower 360 V-8, although AMC was well known for fudging details as it struggled to remain in business.  It was a very, very nice example.  I consider myself lucky to have a photo of it.

There are two (count them, TWO!) AMC AMX cars in my neighborhood.  AMX's are shortened Javelin's and are a bit odd looking but cool nonetheless.  Both are in rough shape.  But it's nice to see something different once in a while.

No comments: