Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

More Dentistry for Dummies

I have dealt with my dentistry woes on these pages before.  It was only two years ago that I had a broken tooth capped.  Soon afterward, another molar broke.  And when I went to get that checked out on Friday, I found that I had two more broken molars that I didn't know about.

Why so many broken and cracked teeth?  Silver fillings.  Round about 10 years old, I had a spate of cavities that would have made grown people cry.  My parents did cry because of the bills.  I have had no cavities since then, so it was some sort of internal issue.  But, I digress.

The silver (and mercury!!) fillings expand and contract at different rates than the tooth.  So, thirty five years later, presto, cracked teeth.

How wonderful.  So I have a big blob of tooth-like material where my cracked tooth was while I wait on the cap to be finished.

At least my temporary isn't gold, like the last one.

No comments: