Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Chocolate Milk Flavored 5w-20

I've not said much about this particular bit of bad luck that has befallen me, but in the interest of explaining why I'm driving the old pickup, I thought I'd clear the air. I'm a huge fan of chocolate milk. I could drink it all day long instead of water. But I'm NOT a fan of engine oil that looks like chocolate milk. Why? Because that is oil mixed with engine coolant. 
She's a looker, right? Only 87,000 miles on this 2018 Ford Escape. Driven with loving care for the last four years by me. I've treated this thing very well because I don't want repairs and I certainly can't afford to go buy a new one. Alas, I've been let down. A frantic check engine light one minute, and it's a garage ornament the next. Yes, my trusty companion turned on me in the blink of an eye. Head gasket made of cream cheese. It's a common problem with this model. Between 5k and 6k to fix. Funny that the pickup truck is 31 years old and has 250,000 miles on it and it's more reliable. Shoot me now. 


 

No comments: